If I download the Mac version I can't open it :(
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
In this small action roguelike you play as a little ghost, fighting your way through hordes of enemies to conquer their world. You have a big arsenal of different weapons at your disposal to achieve your goal, if you can find them. At the end you'll face one of two mini bosses before entering another world to be conquered.
Note: Linux and Mac versions are not tested
Use WASD to move, aim with MOUSE and MOUSE BUTTONS to attack. With SPACE you can blink or dash (depending on your character). With E you interact with the world. Press Q to switch between two weapon sets. When having one handed weapons you can swap them between hands with TAB. Press ESC to pause the game and/or view your achievements.
- Some weapons can be charged when holding the mouse button
- Two handed weapons have two different attacks (left / right mouse)
- You have two weapon sets that you can change at anytime with Q.
- Switch weapons between left and right hand with TAB (one handed weapons only).
- You can equip two one handed weapons at once, each with its own attack
- Keep an eye on your stamina (green bar), if it gets depleted you are slowed and stamina regeneration is stopped for a short period of time.
- Press ESC to see your achievements.
- Small details in the game might hint on something.
- 17 weapons
- 7 enemies
- 2 minibosses
- 4 playable characters
- 4 modifier
- 13 achievements
- 2 difficulty settings
- ... and lots of small secrets to discover
Please leave us some feedback!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Is there no Windows 64bit version?
There is no explicit version for Windows 64bit, but the 32bit version works for 64bit as well!
Have you guys given up on this game? If so, that kinda makes me sad, because it's a great game with fantastic mechanics...
Hey thanks for your tips and feedback. We have paused the project and are currently working on our new game "Drova - Forsakin Kin". This will probably take a few more years. But for Soul Chomper we still have a lot of ideas. Hopefully we can continue working on it sometime :)
Oh, ok. Thank you for letting me know, I was getting concerned. It's not every day that you find a good game like this one. I might check that out.
Edit: Ok I just looked at forsakin kin and I can tell its good just by the screenshots
I have a few ideas for what you could put in Soul Chomper. (Not saying you have to put this in. I'm not that person. These are just suggestions. I don't even care if I get credit for the ideas.)
1. Infinite Mode - Fight off large waves of enemies with a small break every 5 rounds to get new weapons. Survive 'till you die.
2. Randomly generated rooms or seeds or something like that.
3. Throw-able weapons like a shuriken you can find and they stack up to 25 or something like that.
4. More modifiers - Broken Horseshoe, which gives you less luck for finding good weapons is one of the ideas I have for modifiers
5. Make poison deal damage overtime
6. Add a custom cursor or cross hair or whatever you want to call it
7. A boomerang maybe?
For what I played of it, I really did enjoy the game. It reminded me a bit of dark souls with rogue-lite elements. Can't wait to see more of the game.
I loved this game it's definitely one of the better games on itch especially love teleporting behind enemies before using the thundersword and wiping everyone off screen
I did a Twitch stream of your game on Sunday 02/03/19 and I uploaded it to my YouTube channel today.
I recorded myself playing it for the first time and made commentary on how I thought it played and what I liked/didn't like. I tried to be objective. I'm trying to provide honest feedback and playtesting to indie devs. The link is below.
It was really fun to watch you playing the game. Glad that you think the game is fair even though it seemed hard and the genre was not your favorite one. And your feedback is really clear and fair, we took some notice and might probably fix some minor things as a result of that. Thanks for playing the game. And awesome that you found some of the secrets we included to the game :)
Awesome to see another game from you! I recognized your art style right away too. This was damn fun to play, the characters feel varied and while it's pretty tough while your getting a hold on the controls it never felt cheap or unfair. The sound design was great on the enemies, but I do think the game could use a little more music. Fantastic work!
CoalFire! It's you again :) We were pretty happy that you liked the game and that you even recognized the art style, awesome. Your feedback and your lets play video is very well appreciated. We even buffed the health orb like 10 minutes after watching you playing the game, haha. Unfortunately, we are not very talented with music, but we are looking for ways to improve on that, cheers!